Due to the many calls and emails we are receiving regarding the Corona Virus situation, I wanted to update everyone on how we are handling things. The tournament is still scheduled to begin on Friday, April 17. There are just too many uncertainties and unknowns surrounding this to make a decision to cancel while we are still a month out. We are closely monitoring the situation and will continue to keep you updated.
We will make a final decision on the status of the 39th Annual Team and Doubles No-Tap Tournament by April 2.
Updates will be sent to everyone via e-mail and it will be posted on the www.idlehourssouth.com website. We do caution those most at risk due to age or existing condition as outlined by the CDC and encourage everyone to exercise common sense precautions during this event. Yes! Wash your hands! Follow social distancing guidelines!
With regards to those who have made reservations and/or deposits. We have never charged or kept funds from anyone that did not bowl, regardless of the reason. Any fees that are paid and not used will be returned in full, whether due to absence, cancellation, or should we be required to cancel any squads or the tournament. We do ask that anyone who has made reservations to provide us with a valid email address and phone number so that we can contact you should the need arise. Please email this information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The impact of the virus is varied across the country. Here in Scranton, Pennsylvania in Lackawanna County there hasn’t been any reported cases of the Corona Virus. We are hoping with the media attention and the diligence of the public and businesses that have acted responsibly to maintain a high level of sanitation, this threat will diminish as time goes on. Wishing you and your families the best of health until this pandemic is a memory.